Training & Education
SSO's goal is to provide continuing education, training, and workshops designed to meet the needs of its diverse membership. Its objectives are to:
• Develop and disseminate high-caliber educational programs, products, and services via meetings and workshops, the Annals of Surgical Oncology, and the SSO website.
• Ensure educational programs and materials emphasize state-of-the-art knowledge about surgical oncology science and technology, outcome, and the conduct of surgical oncology research.
• Work with Program Directors of SSO-approved Surgical Oncology Training Programs and Breast Oncology Training Programs to maximize their educational value.
• Disseminate educational content that communicates advances in surgical oncology research.
• Work with the American Board of Surgery and Residency Review Committee to initiate an "added qualification" certificate in Surgical Oncology.