Attention 2014 Breast Oncology Fellowship Program Candidates
- The SSO Online Match System Initial Application page will open on Tuesday, May 13, 2014. Click here to access the link to the application.
- The SSO Online Match System Initial Application page will close on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (CT). Initial Applications for breast oncology fellowships will NOT be accepted after that date.
Starting September 1, 2014 (and following your interviews), please log back into your application to complete and submit your rank list. The deadline to submit your rank list is November 18, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (CT).
- Results of the match will be announced via email on Monday, December 1, 2014.
- QUESTIONS? Please contact SSO staff Jenny Ramion at email@example.com for assistance. Thank you!
Instructions & Deadlines for the 2014 Breast Oncology Fellowship Match Program
To Apply for an SSO-approved Breast Oncology Fellowship:
Please Note: It is best to begin the application process about a year before your anticipated date of entry into the fellowship.
(1) Gather the following items prior to using the SSO Online Match System:
- (a) A credit card (Visa/MC/AMEX) to pay the $200 (USD) application fee.
- (b) Citizenship/Visa information (if not a US citizen).
- (c) ECFMG Image: Upload a scanned copy of your certificate.
- (d) USMLE scores and documentation (upload only the first page of test score results with percentages) or COMLEX scores and documentation.
- (e) Portrait photo (.jpg or .tif).
- (f) Personal statement.
- (g) FMG documentation: Upload scanned documents showing you have completed medical school and are in a residency program (e.g., diploma and letter from Program Director).
- (h) Peer reference names and addresses. Letter writers should email a pdf copy of their letters directly to the Society at firstname.lastname@example.org. SSO staff will upload the letters into the system for Program Directors to view. Under “Applicant Interest” in the SSO Online Match System, you agree to release documents you upload and the reference letters we receive to the institutions you selected for interviews.
- (i) ABSITE scores and documentation. If you took any other in-service exams, there will be an section to upload the documents.
- (j) If you have Professional Liability claims, be prepared to upload a list of them, with status of each.
(2) Click the link to the SSO Online Match System in the yellow box below. The deadline for completing your online application and uploading supporting documentation is July 15, 2014 (at 11:59 pm CT). No exceptions will be made.
(3) Again, request that your references email a pdf copy of their letters to email@example.com.
Note: The Match Application process is similar to seeking employment at any institution. You will NOT hear immediately from institutions you have selected and may not hear from them at all. The institution will decide if they select you to interview. Appropriate follow-up is up to you.
(4) Between September 1, 2014 and November 18, 2014 (and after your interviews), log back into the application to complete and submit your rank list. The deadline for submitting your rank list is November 18, 2014 (at 11:59 p.m. CT). No exceptions will be made.
(5) Match Results will be announced via email to all applicants on December 1, 2014.
(6) If you have any questions, please contact Jenny Ramion at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the SSO Online Match System
Please Note: The preferred browsers for using this system are
Internet Explorer 8, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Apple Safari.
NOTE: The Online Match System will not open until May 13, 2014.
Deadline Dates - 2014 Breast Oncology Fellowship Match Program:
|May 13, 2014 ||Candidates apply to SSO-approved Breast Oncology Fellowship Programs of their choice via the SSO Online System. |
|July 15, 2014 (11:59 pm CT) ||Deadlline to submit application via the SSO Online System |
|August - October ||Candidates Interview |
|September 1, 2014 (11:59 pm CT) || |
Rank List Opens. Candidates will log back into their application via the SSO Online System to complete their rank list.
|Novemeber 18, 2014 (11:59 pm CT) || |
Match Rank List Deadline. All rank lists must be submitted via the SSO Online Match System.
|December 1, 2014 || |
Results of match are announced via email to all applicants.