Attention 2014 Breast Oncology Fellowship Program Candidates
• The SSO Online Match System Initial Application page will open on Tuesday, May 13, 2014. Click here to access the link to the application.
• The SSO Online Match System Initial Application page will close on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (CT). Initial Applications for breast oncology fellowships will NOT be accepted after that date.
• Starting September 1, 2014 (and following your interviews), please log back into your application to complete and submit your rank list. The deadline to submit your rank list is November 14, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (CT).
• Results of the match will be announced via email on Monday, December 1, 2014.
Instructions & Deadlines for the 2014 Breast Oncology Fellowship Match Program
To Apply for an SSO-approved Breast Oncology Fellowship:
Please Note: It is best to begin the application process about a year before your anticipated date of entry into the fellowship.
(1) Gather the following items prior to using the SSO Online Match System:
- (a) A credit card (Visa/MC/AMEX) to pay the $200 (USD) application fee.
- (b) Citizenship/Visa information (if not a US citizen)
- (c) ECFMG Image: Upload a scanned copy of your certificate.
- (d) USMLE scores and documentation: Upload only first page of test score results with percentages.
- (e) Portrait photo (.jpg or .tif)
- (f) Personal statement
- (g) FMG documentation: Upload scanned documents showing you have completed medical school and are in a residency program (e.g., diploma and letter from Program Director)
- (h) Peer reference names and addresses. Ask your references to send letters directly to the Society of Surgical Oncology at the address below. A maximum of five reference letters may be submitted to the SSO. (SSO staff will upload the files into the system for Program Directors to view.) Under "Applicant Interest" in the SSO Online Match System, you agree to release the documents you upload and the reference letters we receive to the institutions you select to interview with.
- (i) ABSITE scores: If you have taken the COMLEX or some other in-service, send details to the institutions you are interested in, with a copy to the SSO at the address below.
- (j) If you have Professional Liability claims, be prepared to upload a list of them, with status of each.
(2) Click the link to the SSO Online Match System in the yellow box below. The deadline for completing your online application and uploading supporting documentation is July 15, 2014 (at 11:59 pm CT). No exceptions will be made.
(3) Again, request that your references send their reference letters (on institutional letterhead) to the Society of Surgical Oncology at the address listed below:
Society of Surgical Oncology
Attn: Jenny Ramion, Fellows Program Manager
9525 West Bryn Mawr Ave, Suite 870
Rosemont, IL 60018
(To confirm that your reference letters have been received by the SSO office, please contact Jenny Ramion at email@example.com.)
Note: The Match Application process is similar to seeking employment at any institution. You will NOT hear immediately from institutions you have selected and may not hear from them at all. The institution will decide if they select you to interview. Appropriate follow-up is up to you.
• Please see the 2014 Breast Oncology Fellowship Interview Dates here. NOTE: This calendar is subject to change.
(4) Between September 1, 2014 and November 14, 2014 (and after your interviews), log back into the application to complete and submit your rank list. The deadline for submitting your rank list is November 14, 2014 (at 11:59 p.m. CT). No exceptions will be made.
(5) Match Results will be announced via email to all applicants on December 1, 2014.
(6) If you have any questions, please contact Jenny Ramion at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline Dates - 2014 Breast Oncology Fellowship Match Program:
|May 13, 2013 ||Candidates apply to SSO-approved Breast Oncology Fellowship Programs of their choice via the SSO Online System. |
|July 15, 2014 (11:59 pm CT) ||Deadlline to submit application via the SSO Online System |
|August - October ||Candidates Interview |
|September 1, 2014 (11:59 pm CT) || |
Rank List Opens. Candidates will log back into their application via the SSO Online System to complete their rank list.
|Novemeber 14, 2014 (11:59 pm CT) || |
Match Rank List Deadline. All rank lists must be submitted via the SSO Online Match System.
|December 1, 2014 || |
Results of match are announced via email to all applicants.