REMINDERS for BREAST ONCOLOGY Program Candidates:
• The SSO Online Match System Initial Application page will close at 11:59 p.m. (CT) on Monday, July 29, 2013. Initial Applications for breast oncology fellowships will NOT be accepted after that date. See details below.
• After September 16 (and following your interviews), please return to this site to complete your Matching Application. The deadline to submit your ranking is 11:59 p.m. (CT) on November 16, 2013.
• QUESTIONS? Please contact SSO staff Jenny Ramion at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Thank you!
Instructions & Deadlines for the 2013 Breast Oncology Fellowship Match Program
To Apply for an SSO-approved Breast Oncology Fellowship:
Please Note: It is best to begin the application process about a year before your anticipated date of entry into the fellowship.
(1) Gather the following items prior to using the SSO Online Match System:
(a) A credit card (Visa/MC/AMEX) to pay the $200 (USD) application fee.
(b) Citizenship/Visa information (if not a US citizen)
(c) ECFMG Image: Upload a scanned copy of your certificate.
(d) USMLE scores and documentation: Upload only first page of test score results with percentages.
(e) Portrait photo (.jpg or .tif)
(f) Personal statement
(g) FMG documentation: Upload scanned documents showing you have completed medical school and are in a residency program (e.g., diploma and letter from Program Director)
(h) Peer reference names and addresses. Ask your references to send letters directly to the Society of Surgical Oncology at the address below. A maximum of five reference letters may be submitted to the SSO. (SSO staff will upload the files into the system for Program Directors to view.) Under "Applicant Interest" in the SSO Online Match System, you agree to release the documents you upload and the reference letters we receive to the institutions you select to interview with.
(i) ABSITE scores: If you have taken the COMLEX or some other in-service, send details to the institutions you are interested in, with a copy to the SSO at the address below.
(j) If you have Professional Liability claims, be prepared to upload a list of them, with status of each.
(2) Click the link to the SSO Online Match System below. The deadline for completing your online application and uploading/sending in all your documents is July 29, 2013 by 11:59 p.m. (CT). You may log in and out of the system during your application process.
(3) Again, request that your references send their reference letters (on institutional letterhead) to the Society of Surgical Oncology at the address listed below:
Society of Surgical Oncology
Attn: Jenny Ramion, Fellows Program Manager
9525 West Bryn Mawr Ave, Suite 870
Rosemont, IL 60018
(To confirm that your reference letters have been received by the SSO office, please contact Jenny Ramion at email@example.com.)
Note: The Match Application process is similar to seeking employment at any institution. You will NOT hear immediately from institutions you have selected and may not hear from them at all. The institution will decide if they select you to interview. Appropriate follow-up is up to you.
• Please see the 2013 Breast Oncology Fellowship Interview Dates here. NOTE: This calendar is subject to change.
(4) Between September 16, 2013 and November 16, 2013 after interviewing with institutions you are interested in, you will log back into the system to indicate your preferences on the Matching Application. The deadline for submitting your ranking is November 16, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (CT).
(5) Email a copy of your Match Application Selection Receipt (or "Rank List") to Jenny Ramion at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(6) Match Results will be announced via email to all applicants on December 3, 2013.
(7) If you have any questions, please contact Jenny Ramion at email@example.com.
Deadline Dates - 2013 Breast Oncology Fellowship Match Program:
|May 13, 2013 - July 29, 2013 |
11:59 p.m. (CT)
|Candidates apply to SSO-approved Breast Oncology Fellowship Programs of their choice via the SSO Online System. |
|Aug - Oct 2013 ||Candidates interview with institutions of their choice. |
|Sep 16 - Nov 16, 2013 |
11:59 p.m. (CT)
|Online Match Application forms are accepted during this time period. The Match Application Selection Receipt (or "Rank List") must be completed via the SSO Online Match System by November 16, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (CT). |
|Nov 16, 2013 |
11:59 p.m. (CT)
|Application process closes at 11:59 p.m. (CT) on November 16, 2013. This means that applicants interested in applying for a breast fellowship must have applied via the SSO Online Match System and paid their $200 (USD) by this date and time. |
|Dec 3, 2013 || |
Results of the match announced via email to all applicants.