Attention 2014 Surgical Oncology Fellowship Program Candidates
- Applicants to the 2014 Surgical Oncology Fellowship Match will submit applications and supporting documents through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The SSO will not accept applications for the match. Applicants must request a Token from the ERAS Fellowships Documents Office (EFDO) prior to registering on MyERAS. A Residency Token will not allow you to apply for Fellowship programs. Click here to request a Token.
- MyERAS website opens for fellowship applicants to register and begin working on their applications on June 11, 2014. Applicants may begin applying to programs through MyERAS on July 15, 2014.
- The deadline to submit your application via MyERAS is Friday, August 15, 2014 (11:59 pm ET). No exceptions will be made.
- The Ranking Entry process will be conducted through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP®). Program candidates must register with the NRMP® (even if you have utilized the R3 system before). Please do this by going to Registration, Ranking, and Results® (R3®) system, using a unique email, username and password.
- The Rank Order List Entry via the NRMP will open on September 17, 2014; the Rank Order List Certification Deadline is October 29, 2014.
- Click here for more information on the 2014 Match Timeline.
- Results of the match will be announced via NRMP on Wednesday, November 12, 2014.
- QUESTIONS regarding ERAS? Please contact ERAS at email@example.com or 202-862-6264.
- QUESTIONS regarding NRMP? Please contact NRMP at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-400-2233.
- Any other questions may be directed to Jenny Ramion, SSO Training Programs Manager, at email@example.com.
The Society of Surgical Oncology is pleased to report that the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Board of Directors has approved the program requirements for Complex General Surgical Oncology. All fellowship programs based in the United States listed on the Program List are accredited by the ACGME. These programs are required to comply with the ACGME Program Requirements for Graduate Medical Education in Complex General Surgical Oncology.
The Society of Surgical Oncology has approved all three Canadian programs, which are also accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Strict requirements must be met to be an SSO-approved training program.