SURGICAL ONCOLOGY Program Candidates Match Application and Ranking Submission
Attention 2014 Surgical Oncology Fellowship Program Candidates
- Applicants to the 2014 Surgical Oncology Fellowship Match will submit applications and supporting documents through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The SSO will not accept applications for the match. Applicants must request a Token from the ERAS Fellowships Documents Office (EFDO) prior to registering on MyERAS. A Residency Token will not allow you to apply for Fellowship programs. Click here to request a Token.
- The Ranking Entry process will be conducted through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP®). Program candidates must register with the NRMP® (even if you have utilized the R3 system before). Please do this by going to Registration, Ranking, and Results® (R3®) system, using a unique email, username and password.
- QUESTIONS regarding ERAS? Please contact ERAS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-862-6264.
- QUESTIONS regarding NRMP? Please contact NRMP at email@example.com or 202-400-2233.
- Any other questions may be directed to Jenny Ramion, SSO Training Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions & Deadlines for the 2014 Surgical Oncology Fellowship Match Program
- Contact the ERAS Fellowships Documents Office (EFDO) to request a token beginning June 11, 2014. A token is needed to register at the MyERAS website to begin the fellowship application process. Click here to request token.
- MyERAS website opens for fellowship applicants to register and begin working on their applications on June 11, 2014. Applicants may begin applying to programs through MyERAS on July 15, 2014.
- The deadline to submit your application via MyERAS is Friday, August 15, 2014 (11:59 pm ET). No exceptions will be made.
- The interview season will begin in August and end in mid-October. Interviews will be granted to candidates on a rolling basis. Click on the link to the left – Surgical Oncology Fellowship 2014 Interview Dates – to view each program’s interview dates. You are encouraged to submit your application early.
- Register with the National Residency Match Program (NRMP®) beginning July 23, 2014. Program candidates must register with the NRMP® even if you have utilized the R3 system before. Please do this by going to Registration, Ranking, and Results® (R3®) system, using a unique email, username and password. An applicant cannot be ranked by a program until he or she has registered with the NRMP®.
- The Rank Order List Entry via the NRMP will open on September 17, 2014; the Rank Order List Certification Deadline is October 29, 2014.
- Match results will be announced by the NRMP on November 12, 2014.
Timeline - 2014 Surgical Oncology Fellowship Match Program:
|June 11, 2014 ||Candidates may contact the EFDO to request a token to register at the MyERAS website; applicants may begin working on their application |
|July 15, 2014 ||Applicants may begin applying to programs through MyERAS |
|July 23, 2014 ||Applicants register with the NRMP Registration, Ranking, and Results® (R3®) system |
|August 15, 2014 (11:59 pm ET) || |
Deadline to submit application via MyERAS
|August thru Mid-October || |
Interview Season (interviews granted on a rolling basis)
|September 17, 2014 || |
Rank Order List Entry Opens via NRMP
|October 29, 2014 || |
Deadline to submit Rank Order List Certification via NRMP
|November 12, 2014 || |
Match Day (results announced by NRMP)