Introducing the Society of Surgical Oncology Today
The Society of Surgical Oncology (SSO) builds on a rich history with a new identity that encapsulates what we stand for. We’re dynamic, progressive, inviting and innovative – and we’re the go-to society advancing excellence for cancer surgeons around the world. SSO promotes leading-edge research, quality standards and knowledge exchange connecting cancer surgeons worldwide to continuously improve cancer outcomes.
Society of Surgical Oncology Presidential Address
The most recent issue of SURGONConnect features articles about SSO’s support of young cancer surgeons, continuing a long-standing commitment to developing surgical leaders focused on quality cancer care. Also in this issue:
- T. Clark Gamblin, MD, Program Chair of the International Cancer Symposium on Regional Cancer Therapies, introduces the meeting’s new name.
- The Annals of Surgical Oncology and SSO announce the launch of their new interview-based podcast, “Speaking of SurgOnc™,” which expands on articles published in the ASO.
- USA Today’s (Month, Year) “Women in Surgery” Supplement features three SSO members discussing the value of mentorship.
- Camille Stewart, MD writes about the new My SSO Community.
- Find out more about member opportunities to learn on the go with ExpertED@SSO webinars.
To read current and past issues of SURGONConnect, SSO’s newsletter for information about the Society and members click here.
A Heritage of Leadership
Since our founding in 1940, SSO has championed leading-edge education, research, and quality impacting the full spectrum of surgical oncology and cancer care. Our members in 70 countries embrace the values that have enabled cancer surgeons to continually expand their knowledge, refine their decision-making skills and drive better outcomes for patients. The mission of the Society of Surgical Oncology is to improve multidisciplinary patient care by advancing the science, education and practice of cancer surgery worldwide. Today, SSO is a dynamic global community of cancer surgeons shaping advancements in the profession to deliver the highest quality surgical care for cancer patients.