ESSO Call for Applications
SSO members are being offered an opportunity by the European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO) to apply for a visiting observership in Europe. This observership will take place in October 2019.
This opportunity includes:
- Complimentary registration to ESSO 39 in Rotterdam, Netherlands from October 9-11, 2019
- A stipend of $3,000 USD to assist with travel and accommodations expenses for the duration of the exchange
- An opportunity to visit 2 to 3 pre-eminent European Surgical Oncology Institutions within a two-week period following ESSO39
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must:
- Be an SSO Active or Active International member, in good standing
- Be an up-and-coming young surgical oncologist, 45 years old or younger
- Be able to travel to Europe in October 2019
- Cannot have participated in an SSO observership in the past 5 years
- Submit a completed application
- Submit a CV (maximum 3 pages plus additional pages for publications & grants)
Candidates will be evaluated based on:
- Engagement in scientific research
- The written rationale included in the application
To learn more about this opportunity, or to submit a completed application, please contact Ana Olivares, Manager, Global Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to submit an application and your CV is Friday, July 26, 2019. Notifications will be sent out to all applicants by August 2019.
Click here to download application.