The International Career Development Exchange (ICDE) program provides support for up-and-coming international surgical oncologists, with leadership potential, to attend the SSO Annual Cancer Symposium and visit a U.S. based institution following the meeting. The SSO is currently offering two opportunities to participate in this program.
The two 2020 ICDE recipients will receive:
- Complimentary registration to SSO 2020
- A stipend of $3,000 USD to assist with travel arrangements
- The opportunity to be matched with one SSO member “mentor”, based on shared professional or scientific interests
- The opportunity to visit your mentor’s institution for one week following SSO 2020
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to apply:
- Applicants must be an SSO Active International member residing in one of the countries listed below.
- Applicants cannot have previously received the SSO ICDE grant.
- Applicants cannot have previously attended more than one SSO Annual Cancer Symposium in the past three (3) years
- Applicants should be 45 years old or younger
- Applicants must be fluent in English (conversational, reading and writing)
- Applicants must be able to travel to the United States in March 2020. It is preferred that applicant already have a current passport.
This opportunity is open to SSO Active International members residing in a country listed below:
(Click on the list to enlarge.)
Before you begin the application, please view/download the ICDE Application Components document to ensure that you are prepared.
To apply online, please visit: 2020 ICDE application
The application deadline is Friday, October 4, 2019.
Candidates will be evaluated based on:
- Written Rationale
- Specific Objectives/Expected Outcomes
- Plans to disseminate knowledge
- Engagement in scientific research
The SSO reserves the right to evaluate and determine eligibility based on the information and justifications included in the requested materials.
For any additional questions, please contact Ana Olivares, Manager, Global Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.