The Israeli Society of Surgical Oncology (ISSO) was founded in 1992.
ISSO´s mission is to improve cancer care by providing evidence-based knowledge of the biology, natural history and treatment options of neoplastic disorders, by educating surgeons to a multidisciplinary approach and by improving surgical technique in cancer surgery.
ISSO has 250 members.
ISSO’s Annual Meeting will be held January 2024.
ISSO has been a Partner society with the SSO since 2020.
Partnership between ISSO and SSO offers:
- International Career Development Exchange of young Israeli Surgical Oncologists, provided by SSO for up to two cancer hospitals in the USA. This program will be offered by ISSO to young board-certified surgeons pursuing a career in surgical oncology.
- Presentation of some of the best posters presented at the ISSO Bi-annual Meeting at the International Poster Section of the SSO Annual Cancer Symposium
- ISSO participation at the Global Forum of Cancer Surgeons.
- A 1-3 months mini-fellowship (observership) provided by ISSO to an SSO member or a member of one of the affiliated societies at an Israeli Cancer Center in one of the following fields:
- Peritoneal Surface Malignancies including HIPEC and PIPAC
- Soft Tissues Sarcoma
- Malignant Melanoma
- Breast Cancer
- Gastro-intestinal tumors (colorectal, gastric, esophageal, pancreatic cancers)
- HPB surgery
- Intra-operative radiation