SSO provides an array of practical tools that go beyond clinical updates. SSO’s premiere resources provide insights and opinions from experienced and influential leaders in the field, giving you the know-how to deliver the best patient care.
Hear the Voices of Expertise with SurgOnc Today®
SSO’s podcast, SurgOnc Today, features interviews with surgical oncology leaders and innovators in the field, including Chairs and members of SSO’s Disease Site Work Groups. Several episodes review practice-changing papers for a variety of cancer types.
SSO Virtual Tumor Boards Explore Unique Challenges
SSO Virtual Tumor Boards feature lively case-based discussions led by SSO Disease Site Work Groups. Participants may engage with experts and hear practical advice for providing superior patient care. More than 30 archived virtual tumor boards are available on-demand at ExpertEd@SSO. Visit ExpertEd@SSO for a complete listing.
Expert Education for Clinical Excellence
SSO’s educational resources span eight different disease sites, making it easy to access authoritative information for a multi-disciplinary practice. All educational activities are available in ExpertEd@SSO, including on-demand sessions from SSO’s International Conference on Surgical Cancer Care. While several programs are available to non-members, SSO members receive exclusive access to all ExpertEd@SSO content.
Join SSO today to gain unlimited access to SSO educational resources!
Become an SSO Member Today!
Cancer surgeons from around the world have joined the SSO community to advance their knowledge and remain on the leading edge of research and science. Being an SSO member signals your commitment to the highest standards for surgical oncology. It also delivers benefits that keep you growing, advancing and attaining greater satisfaction with your performance and your career.
Member Benefit Highlights
- Unlimited, free access to ExpertEd@SSO educational programs
- Usage of SSO Mobile, for instant access to education and Annals of Surgical Oncology
- Electronic subscription to Annals of Surgical Oncology
- Reduced registration rates to SSO’s International Conference on Surgical Cancer Care
- Reduced registration rates to SSO’s Advanced Cancer Therapies
- Utilization of the Fellow of the Society of Surgical Oncology Designation
- “Find a Surgical Oncologist” Directory
- Direct messaging to other SSO members
- International Observerships (competitive process)
- Access to Research Awards (competitive process)
Qualifications for Membership
Active Membership in The Society is limited to physicians and other scientists who have a major professional interest and commitment to oncology, as demonstrated by a combination of the following activities:
- Criteria for Surgeons:
1A. Certification by the American Board of Surgery or an equivalent surgical specialty Board or membership in a recognized national or international surgical or surgical oncologic society.
1B. Evidence of continuing commitment to Surgical Oncology as demonstrated by such activities as:
• Oncologic teaching or research.
• Involvement in activities of the American Cancer Society.
• Involvement in activities of the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
• A leadership role in hospital or community cancer activities.
• Authorship of publications on topics pertaining to Oncology in peer-reviewed medical journals.
• Membership in other oncologic societies.
- Non-Surgical Oncologists:
• Must be an acknowledged expert in a non-surgical field who has made significant contributions to Surgical Oncology or any scientist with a doctoral level degree, not in clinical practice, doing research in cancer or a cancer-related field.
Active International Members:
• High-Income Countries – $345*
• Middle-Income and Low-Income Countries – $207*
(Reduced dues rate based on World Bank Classification.)